Growing with Someone




Years ago, I asked God to give me a spouse, "You don't
own because you didn't ask," God said. Not only I
asked for a spouse but also explained what kind of
spouse I wanted. I want a nice, tender, forgiving,
passionate, honest, peaceful, generous, understanding,
pleasant, warm, intelligent, humorous, attentive,
compassionate and truthful. I even mentioned the
physical characteristics I dreamt about. As time went
by, I added the required list of my wanted spouse.

One night, in my prayer, God talked to my heart: "My
servant, I cannot give you what you want", I asked God
why? God said, "Because I am God and I am fair. God is
the truth and all I do are true and right."

I asked "God, I don't understand why I cannot have
what I ask from you?"

God answered, "I will explain. It is not fair and
right for Me to fulfill your demand because I cannot
give something that is not your own self.

It is not fair to give someone who is full of love to
you if sometimes you are still hostile, or to give you
someone generous but sometimes you can be cruel; or
someone forgiving, however, you still hide revenge;
someone understanding, however, you are very
insensitive...

"He then said to me: "It is better for Me to give you
someone who I know could grow to have all qualities
you are searching rather than to make you waste your
time to find someone who already has the qualities you
want."

Your spouse would be bone from your bone and flesh
from your flesh and you will see yourself in him and
both of you will be one. Marriage is like a school. It
is a life-long education. It is where you and your
partner make adjustment and aim not merely to please
each other, but to be better human beings and to make
a solid teamwork. I do not give you a perfect partner,
because you are not perfect either. I give you a
partner with whom you would grow together.

"Love is a commitment of the heart that will stand the
test of wavering emotions, intellectual rationalizing,
circumstantial allure, hormonal infatuation, and even
the wounds of your lover. Anything less is not true
love."

"Have A Heart That Never Hates

Have A Smile That Never Fades

Have A Touch That Never Hurts

And Build A Relation That Never Breaks"


0 Comments: